One thing that has been different since Nora was born is that it's a lot harder for us to go out to eat. Aside from the fact that we're both a little terrified she's going to scream the whole time, it also would be a lot of work loading up everything she needs, and then we'd spend most of the dinner entertaining her and making sure she has the food, drink, etc she needs, which is fine at home but seems like too much when you're paying for a nice dining out experience (perhaps this will change with our second child. Clearly first time parents here! I'm now always a bit amazed when I see families out at restaurants with babies and toddlers).
Anyway, I was contacted by eatbmore.com to try out their new ordering-out service for Baltimore, and though I don't often do promotions on my blog, I thought this site sounded like it fit our lifestyle nicely right now. The website brings together restaurants that do take-out/delivery for your area of the city, and allows you to browse various menus, and then order online. Very handy! Kevin and I were happy to see some places we haven't tried and didn't even know delivered to our area. Most places have a minimum order required of ~$10, and some have delivery fees of $1-$3, but that's pretty typical for delivery.
We picked Kyro Pizza, which had some great menu selections- very innovative pizzas and sandwiches. I'm not really sure we would get delivery from them again, mostly because we didn't do a great job picking out items that keep for delivery (like fries and wings), but I'd consider eating there if I were near their restaurant. Anyway, I'm not reviewing the restaurant here, so what are things I liked/disliked about the website?
1) Nice to have a bunch of restaurants and their menus in one location.
2) Ordering online is convenient and fairly easy.
3) Restaurant choices are pretty good.
1) There is a form that keeps popping up asking you to type in where your address to make sure the restaurant delivers to you- before you can see the menu. This makes sense the first time, but it doesn't remember the information so every time you look at a new menu, it asks again. I'm not sure if it does this if you have a "log-in" already established.
2) It would be really nice if there were some kind of time estimate for how long your order is going to take once you submit the form. You get an email saying the order was placed, but then we were kind of like...."is it going to be half an hour from now? an hour? two?". It would be nice if the restaurant could somehow send you an email estimate for delivery, though I understand that could be tricky to implement.
3) One of the restaurants that was on the list didn't actually allow any online ordering, which is kind of the point. Not sure whether this was just a temporary glitch?
Overall, though, we actually liked the service and would likely use it again if we're trying to come up with food for delivery. It is definitely convenient and easy to use. I would recommend it to Baltimore locals!
*Disclaimer: I was offered a $10 coupon by eatbmore.com, but this review is my own honest opinion of their website and service.