1) We just got back from Orlando, and it was wonderful. Most of our vacation time is used to see family, so it was special to have a few days with just the three of us. It reminded me of all the wonderful trips my parents took us on when we were growing up. I think traveling with your kids is one of the best ways to create lifelong memories. I'll post more about the trip later.
2) Kevin has become a wonderful latte maker. He talked more about his aeropress and steamer here, but he's gotten really fancy with latte designs, see below. I feel extra special when I get a special white chocolate mocha latte with a pretty design on top. :)
3) We have officially signed a contract with a seller agent for our house. What's really scary is we have less than 3 weeks before it will go on the market. We have some serious storing/packing/cleaning/fixing up to do before then. It's been a bit wild around here with painters, handymen, furnace people, deck cleaners, stagers, etc coming throughout the week. All this stuff makes me wonder why we ever thought buying a house was a good idea in the first place. Ugh. We will seriously be considering renting next go around!
4) Can you believe in ~2.5 weeks we will know where we are going for the next 3-4 years? Every time I think about it I have a mini-panic attack.
5) I read this blog post about becoming a mother recently and I really love it. I've found it hard to describe what the hardest part about becoming a mother was for me, and I think this article perfectly captures it. To this day I have moments of pure yearning for my life pre-motherhood (followed immediately by a huge guilt trip). I love Nora with all of my heart, but it's taken a long time to accept that many aspects of my life will never be the same again, and that I will never be who I used to be.