(1) Night rotations suck. Kevin is currently on a three week neurosurgery rotation where he leaves at 5pm (before I get home from work) and gets home at 7am. He then sees us for about an hour and then we have to leave for work/daycare. Oh, and he only gets Wednesday night off. Hence why I'm blogging on a Friday night. Our relationship is mostly text messages these days. At least it's only 3 weeks!
(2) I got my proposal done (even about 5 days ahead of time). Yay! Now onto other projects, the most stressful one being all the work I need to do for this presentation in New Zealand in January. Eek!
(3) My brother and his wife visited us last weekend- it was seriously so much fun! Nora adores them and they are excellent cooks, and made delicious pizza for us. I'm just sad their trip was so short.
(4) I can't believe the holidays are nearly upon us. I'm a little bit sad because this year we won't see much of Kevin at Thanksgiving, and only slightly more at Christmas. :( That's residency for ya, I guess. My parents are graciously having me and Nora over for some traditional Thanksgiving dinner! (or maybe not so traditional- my dad wants to order this smoked goose). Thank goodness for being home and near family so we're not all on our own this year.
(5) Our last fall music class is tomorrow... it was such a success! Nora is a singing superstar (I might be a little bit biased). We're going to take the winter class too because Nora sings all the time now (not just music class songs) and I think it's really encouraged her, plus it's a good indoor activity for a two-year old. Then I think in the spring I'll try to get her into a gymnastics class. Fun! Here's a video of Nora singing Old MacDonald.
You can also tell from the video that we're at the stage that Nora wants to pick out her own outfits. I guess she was really feeling the stripes on this particular day.